Children’s Ministry Director
20 hour/week, Salaried position
At Copper Creek Church, we are inspired to pursue Deep Faith, Deep Relationships, and Deep Impact. We are looking for someone who is equally inspired and who can walk alongside our kids as they develop their own deep faith, deep relationships and encourage them as they grow to make a deep impact in our community. The perfect candidate will bring enthusiasm, creativity, leadership and a passion for kids and their faith. In the role of Children’s Ministry Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for Volunteer Empowerment, Program Development, Program Implementation, and Administrative Support.
- Fully aligned with the vision, message, and ministry strategy of Copper Creek Church.
- Spiritual maturity and vision to support the growth of a vibrant children’s ministry.
- Able to communicate the basics of faith to children in a way that helps them love and follow Jesus.
- Excellent organizational and relational skills.
- Experience and skills for recruiting, developing, and empowering volunteer teams.
- Must be a team player who is willing and able to work closely with a staff team that is committed to supporting and encouraging each other across ministry areas.
- Education or Ministry degree preferred.
- Experience teaching children in a school or church context.
Children’s Ministry Director Responsibilities
- Program Development
- Curriculum development / selection.
- Develop and implement mid-week programming.
- Program Implementation
- Worship Service - Oversee all aspects of Children’s programming (Nursery-5th grade).
- Lead from the front: Children’s message, big group lesson time, etc.
- All hands on deck! In addition to setting up children’s ministry areas, be prepared to assist in other areas that need help.
- Communicate regularly with families about upcoming events and regular programming.
- Implement and oversee special events including, but not limited to Vacation Bible School, Trunk or Treat and the Christmas Program.
- Volunteer Empowerment
- Lead volunteer recruitment process and coordinate all scheduling.
- Train, empower, and celebrate volunteers.
- Administrative Support
- Manage and update attendance and database information.
- Supervise and schedule nursery workers.
- Attend weekly staff meeting and monthly supervisor meeting.
- Lobby Host
- The playroom and lobby of our new facility will be open to the public during set hours each week. The Children’s Ministry Director will share the responsibility of serving as the Lobby Host during some of that time. Most of the people who come in during those times will be families with young children. The goal of that particular responsibility is to create on-ramps for visitors to visit Copper Creek by greeting them and connecting with them during those open hours. Children’s Ministry Director would be able to use lobby time to work on other responsibilities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Measures for Success
- “Earn one more Sunday.” Kids and families want to keep coming back and invite their friends.
- “Everything on time.” Events are scheduled well in advance. Volunteer schedule filled far ahead of time. Tasks are completed in a timely manner.
- “Everyone belongs.” Every child and every family feels like they are welcomed, wanted, and included in the life of Copper Creek.
- “Enthusiastically involved.” We want every staff member to love our church and to demonstrate that love by being enthusiastically involved both in assigned responsibilities and in the larger life of the church
Our church exists to be a home for those who have given up on church. We work really hard to create a space that provides a welcome to the spiritual wanderer and healing for those who have been hurt by the church. To put it simply - every single person is completely welcome here. Marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic status, racial heritage... none of those things are barriers to full inclusion and participation in every aspect of the life of the church - from worship to weddings to leadership. All staff members of Copper Creek Church are expected to live out that kind of genuine and holistic welcome in every aspect of ministry. Copper Creek is a member of the Presbyterian Church (USA) denomination.
To apply, please click/press here to submit your cover letter and resume. We're looking forward to hearing from you!